Search This Blog

Monday 14 December 2015

A hair cut

 

The hair on my head looks fine for the most part... Then suddenly I look like a clown! (Insert nasty insulting remarks here). So off we went into town to seek out a barber. Fellow blogger Les had recommended a barbershop on Calle Canal where two guys cut hair. We found the place quickly and entered the shop. I got my first Mexican hair cut. "Corto o largo?" They kept asking! It took me a while and I decided on corto, short! The nice man spent a good 20 minutes clipping and trimming. All that for $50.00 Pesos. Good deal, he got a $20.00 Peso tip.

Then back onto the cobble stone streets and soon we past a salon for ladies hair, and I told Shelagh that now is the chance to get those 10 cm. cut off her hair. We went in and the young lady quoted $35.00 Pesos for the job. She expertly removed exactly 10 cm. of Shelagh's length, smiling all the time looking at her nearly white blonde hair, not seen much in these parts...

Slowly walking back to the house, because we are both a bit sick now, we passed a shop selling empanadas, we bought two for $30.00 Pesos and continued to the house. Then a dozen corn tortillas at the fresh tortilla shop, $5.00 Pesos. A lovely little lunch snack! Saw a pharmacy and picked up some relief from this cold, one tablet every eight hours is the recommended dosage. The cost of living here is considerably lower that in Canada. Hmmm...

The afternoon was spent taking it easy, our colds are taking all our energy away. Early to bed, another pill for a good night's sleep.

 

9 comments:

  1. Nice haircut! Looks like you're still feeling good enough to enjoy a cold Pacifico...my favorite Mexican brew.

    The cost of living here is considerably lower than in Canada.

    Yes...and even more so in similar towns that are not San Miguel de Allende. The gringo influence in San Miguel de Allende affects the economy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are spot on about the Gringo infleunce, it definitely playes a role.

      Delete
  2. Peter - Even colds are better in Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I can't imagine sitting outside with a cervesa in Langley at the moment.

      Delete
  3. is the result of the haircut the above picture? Because that is not sooooo corto?? I truly consider the place for next winter, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my corto hair cut. Shelagh had 10cm. removed. We highly recommend a visit to San Miguel, and the rest of Mexico.

      Delete
  4. Dave I had to hit the enter button twice , then hopefully you can comment. Let us see if this works!!! Then hit publish......






    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.
    how to make hair less oily

    ReplyDelete